BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages is committed to providing the best care for you and those you love by protecting your everyday cuts and scrapes. We’re also vested in protecting the earth so our families and yours have healthy environments to adventure in.
We know active moms and dads have a lot on their plates and that efforts to go green can understandably fall by the wayside. That’s why we’ve teamed up with CARE TO RECYCLE® to bring you simple, earth-friendly action steps your whole family can use on Earth Day and every day:
- Bring recycling to your bathroom: Discover the paper and plastic bathroom products that are better suited for recycling than the trash. For example, BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages cartons are ideal for the recycling bin.
- Upcycle your trash: Reduce landfill waste by giving recyclable and non-recyclable items a new purpose with the fun DIY activities found at CareToRecycle.com.
- Read a book: Borrow a book from your local library that celebrates Earth Day or conservation. By borrowing instead of buying, you are helping conserve paper while learning something new.
- Plant a tree: Among their many benefits, Trees provide clean air and paper goods. Plant a young tree in your yard or join an arbor club to plant trees around your city.
- Talk about the facts: Did you know the amount of plastic we throw away each year is enough to circle the globe FOUR times?1 Simple, easy-to-remember facts like these remind you to embrace positive change all year round. Discover more interesting recycling facts here and talk about them often.
- Get active: Ignore energy-consuming technology to get busy outside. Whether a simple activity like a brisk walk or a full-day adventure, embracing outdoor activities helps keep you healthy and your energy consumption low. Just don’t forget to pack a NEOSPORIN® First Aid Antibiotic and BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages in case there’s a slip or fall during your day!
- Pose for a selfie: Show the world how your family cares for each other and the planet. Download the Johnson & Johnson Donate-A-Photo app and share your pictures online. For every photo you submit, Johnson & Johnson will donate $1 to an organization you choose* that’s helping to create a happier, healthier world today and for future generations.
- Use what you have: Reducing overall consumption is an important step in going green. Before recycling bathroom plastics, teach your children to inspect them to make sure you’ve really used all the product inside.
- Make a meal together: Use locally sourced, seasonal products that demand less energy to produce than those shipped from afar, cook a healthy meal with your family and celebrate your earth-friendly accomplishments together.
*Johnson & Johnson has curated a list of trusted causes, and you can donate a photo to one cause, once a day. Each cause will appear in the app until it reaches its goal or the donation period ends. If the goal isn’t reached, the cause will still get a minimum donation.