Make sure to include these basic products when building a first aid kit so that you can have what you need on hand to treat minor emergencies:
- BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages
Helps protect minor wounds from dirt and germs, and promotes faster healing because the wound is covered
- BAND-AID® Brand HURT-FREE® Antiseptic Wash
Alleviates pain and itch while washing away dirt and germs.
- Instant Cold Compress
For helping to reduce pain and swelling.
- Scissors to cut gauze or tape
To check body temperature.
For splinter, glass or insect stinger removal.
- Nonlatex Health Care Gloves
To avoid contact with bodily fluids.
- Comprehensive First Aid Guide
For information on most minor first-aid situations.
- NEOSPORIN® Antibiotic Ointment
Provides long-lasting infection protection.
- Pain reliever, such as acetaminophen
Relieves aches and pains caused by bruises or sprains.
- Gauze, nonstick pads and paper or cloth tape
Covers and protects minor wounds
What are some important additional items? Also add these products to your first aid supplies list for extra preparation:
- Surface mat
- Small trash bags
- Saline water
- hand sanitizer
- Gauze pads
- Cast, splint or sling, as directed by your healthcare provider
- Healthcare provider phone number(s) or Nurse Hotline: 1-800-526-3967 (8am to 8pm EST)
- Poison Control Center: 1-800-222-1222
- Local pharmacy phone number(s)
First aid is everyone's responsibility.
To be prepared to react confidently and without wasting time we suggest you keep emergency telephone numbers on hand so that they are available for immediate use. It is also important that you keep your first aid supplies in a safe and convenient place where you can find them when needed. Remember, it is important to remain calm and use common sense in any emergency situation.
For poison victims, call 911, your local first-aid squad or poison control center immediately before administering first aid.